So many people ask on Facebook groups how to install and/or use the poses, so in this post I will give a walk through with pictures on how to install and use the poses for the sims 4.
How to installed the mods
Pictures are below as well as a video with a step by step tutorial.
- Download the pose player and the Teleport Mod, these work together. The pose player is where you will find all of the poses in your game as an extra option when you click on a sim. While you will need the teleport mod if you want a sim in a certain place, or a pose that requires multiple sims.
- When using a pose with multiple sims you will need multiple teleport statues on top of each other, all poses with multiple sims have a centre point, watch the video below if you want to see it in action.
- These two mods will download as zip folders which means you will need to navigate to your downloads and right click on the zipped folder, most computers and laptops will have some sort of unzip software on them already.
- Once you have unzipped the folder Open your documents folder, electronic arts, The Sims 4, Mods
- Drag your pose player and teleport mod to your mods folder.
- new go to The sims resource or the sims catalogue where there are many of poses, I have personally never got a virus from these websites and they are used by many simmers.
- when you download these mods they will either be a zip with pictures sometimes of the mods which you do not need and there will be a package file.
- go back to your mods file and create a new folder called poses and drag you package file into the poses folder.
- DON’T bury your mods this means you can’t make a folder called poses and the put the pose player FOLDER and the teleport FOLDER into another folder because these will be ‘buried’ and the game wont read them. however as the poses themselves are just one package they can go into a folder named ‘poses’ and all of them as long as not in a folder can be read by the game.
How to USE poses
- Next open your sims game and go to options, other options and make sure that ‘enable custom content and mods’ ‘script mods allowed’ are both checked green. your game will need to restart.
- Once these boxes are checked head into you game to start poses go into buy mode and search teleport, take out one and place it where you would like, if you are using multiple sims in the same pose then place as many as you need. ie a couple kissing mod needs two teleport statues.
- Exit buy mode and click on the teleport statue and click ‘teleport a sim here’ which will bring up who is on the lot. So working on have a kissing pose with a male and female. Teleport you male, then teleport your female. they will be inside each other.
- Click on your male sim go to ‘pose by pack’ chose you pose and the position you want them in, then repeat with the female sim. Make sure to use the same pose but different position or they wont line up check images below.
- For more information check out the video linked below.
For more guides and tutorials check out the home page and for more videos on all things sims related check my Youtube channel, where you can Find the through the ages original challenge, tutorials/guides, sims 4 short clips of the sims 4, as well as live streams every Monday and Wednesday.